rama-rama
Tuesday, May 5, 2009

....mmm. Dah lama tak update!!! So, I thought of writing about my experiences "pre & post-accident".


the accident happened at 7.40p.m on Oktober 19, 2008. Its a Sunday and I was riding my kapcai alone back from work. My wife use to pillion-ride with me as she felt it will safe us petrol money...however on that day, she chose to drive. I made a stop at the Pasar Malam in TTDI, a routine stop every Sunday I am in KL. Something unusual happened at the pasar malam. My routine was to stop at the mee hoon soup/soto stall and had my mee hoon soup special. It's special because the mee comes with a whole leg of the spring chicken. For whatever unknown reasons, I did not stop to have my mee hoon soup special there but i do take away one.


....my next tasks was to buy dinner for the family..maybe a few packets of nasi goreng ayam and laksa. As I walk towards the laksa stall, I noticed that the famous nasi briyani stall which always had a long ques every each time were quiet with only about 2 customers waiting to be served. My wife has long been trying to have a taste of the nasi briyani but were put off by the long ques every time. So I thought at last my beloved wife would have her wishes granted. I bought 4 packets of chicken briyani and then head to my kapcai for home.


As I reached the traffic light opposite the One Utama, it started to drizzle. I thought I would be alright as I had my bright yellow jacket on...so I continue riding at my usual pace. I always consider my self a safe rider & driver...in fact, I was involved in organising Safe Riding Courses during my active period in Ride Marshall Academy Sdn. Bhd.

I noticed a very bad traffic jam as I passed through the Pelangi Damansara traffic light. The traffic jam is a "daily" thing and it usually stretched up to the Sunway Damansara traffic lights. As usual, I rode along the lane in between cars and lorries queuing in the traffic jam....that's one of the advantages of riding a motorbike at traffic jams..you can ride and swivel in between the stationary vehicles.
After I rode pass the overhead bridge (NKVE below) approaching the road in front of the Sunway Damansara Property Gallery Showroom, suddenly a motorbike swivel out of nowhere in front of me. As I braked hard (screeeech....!!!) to avoid him, my rear wheel slides due to the drizzle....my front wheel knocked the rear of the motorbike and................!!! brroooom!!....I fall off the bike and rolled a few times and landed right in front of the tyre of a concrete mixer lorry..............!!
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. izzati noris Says:

    its funny how regardless how many times i hear this story...it still manages to break my heart


Post a Comment